Did You Know?
- One in five children in the U.S. faces hunger. Source: Feeding America, Hunger in America Study
- More than 49 million Americans live in food insecure households. Source: Ziliak, J.P. & Gundersen, C., The State of Senior Hunger in America
- 9% of all seniors are food insecure. Source: Ziliak, J.P. & Gundersen, C., The State of Senior Hunger in America
- Millions of working Americans must choose between buying food and paying rent. Millions of seniors must choose between buying food and paying for medications.
- “You don’t have to go to a third world country to see hunger. Hunger is here! It’s in our communities and in our neighborhoods today and it will continue to be here tomorrow, unless we choose to make a difference.” Dan Jariabka, President, Hunger Resource Network